The role of the seismic processing QC is to provide external supervision for processing projects to ensure that clients are provided with the highest possible products within their budget and timeframe.
EPI have a group of highly experienced processing consultants specialising in time and depth processing in Marine, Land & Transition Zone environments. All our consultants have over 20 years of industry experience in geographical areas spanning the globe. They are also conversant with technologies at most of the larger processing houses.
Key aspects of the role are as follows:
- Understanding the client’s key objectives and main target areas, ensuring these are understood and observed by the processing team throughout the project.
- Ensuring that the processing contractor has all the necessary data and information.
- Developing an appropriate testing sequence and ensuring that the project schedule is achievable.
- Ensuring Quality Control standards and schedules are met throughout the project and suggesting remedial action where necessary.
- Review of all testing and parameter selection.
- Meeting face to face with the processing contractor on a regular basis and providing meeting reports to our clients.
- Awareness of the processing schedule and cost, making the client aware of any possible delays or additional charges, in advance, such that mitigation procedures may be put in place if necessary.
- Inspect and assure all processing final products are in good condition, including the Final Processing Report.
In addition to a review of data at the Contractors office, or via PowerPoint, EPI have a fully licensed Shearwater Reveal processing system on which SEGY format data, despatched by the Contractor, can be loaded. This allows the running of confirmatory parameter testing, interactive QC procedures, and checking of sample final deliverables etc. EPI also have Petrel and Kingdom interpretation software available to assist in visualisation of large 2D and 3D volumes.