Field Re-evaluation Project
We were engaged by the operator of a large field to perform a comprehensive multi-disciplinary re-evaluation and provide recommendations for remediation of the field.
Integrating data from wells, 3D seismic and a large database of reports, we:
- Erected a new high-resolution sequence stratigraphic framework for the field
- Performed detailed field-wide facies mapping through the integration of wireline logs, 3D seismic, core analysis and production data
- Calculated new probabilistic estimates of in-place and recoverable resources
- Created a new sector model in Petrel®, history matched & iterated against dynamic data
- Critically evaluated drilling, completion and production practices
This comprehensive re-evaluation resulted in:
- New predictive reservoir model which better explains previous well performance
- Multiple opportunities for production performance enhancement
- Revised field development strategies
Critically, by synthesising the full database into an integrated framework, we were able to provide the client with a more accurate understanding of their field, optimising future decision making on the asset.