On 31 December 2019, the World Health
Organisation (WHO) was alerted to several cases of pneumonia in Wuhan City,
Hubei Province of China. The virus did not match any other known virus, and
since then the virus has been confirmed as a type of Coronavirus, which is a
family of viruses including the common cold, as well as viruses such as SARS
EPI are aware and taking the
following actions currently:
- Monitor the situation daily
- Follow official travel and medical advice (UK FCO, WHO, CDC)
- Remind personnel of the basic precautions we should all follow, see WHO link below.
- Assess each trip on a case-by-case basis dependant on:
- Destination & transit locations.
- Individuals risk profile.
- Current travel advice.
- Update journey management plans as appropriate.
Current WHO advice for the public